We're looking for a passionate and skilled Wordpress Developer, with a can-do attitude, and an ability to working a fast-paced environment independently. You will be joining Purple Banana Creative Design at an exciting time as we expand our team to help bring our agency to the next level. This is an exciting role for an ambitious and motivated candidate who loves tech and enjoys problem-solving.
As one of our key developers, you will be involved in all aspects of our WordPress development, including creating and maintaining primarily WordPress and Shopify sites and customising and editing WordPress plugins. You’ll need to be someone who’s skilled and can take responsibility quickly. You'll also be in charge of regular maintenance and client support for all things web. Although initially the role is ad-hoc / project-based, we are looking to build a solid relationship with the successful applicant and bring them in-house in the future.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of the entire development process from initial setup to client handover
- Working with the design team to ensure a seamless transition from design to development
- Problem solving development queries and providing advice to the design and project management team to unblock timeline hurdles
- Providing aftercare and support to clients, including regular maintenance and updating
- Working with clients to ensure they leverage the maximum benefit of their new site through onboarding and training workshops
- Excellent working knowledge and experience with HTML, CSS, jQuery, and WordPress and Shopify theme development.
- Experienced and proficient with responsive design and development - we use Adobe XD for all of our website designs, so experience taking XD designs to development is essential.
- Knowledge and ability to edit and implement various plugins.
- Ability to set up and develop WordPress and Shopify sites, as well as customising existing sites.
- Technical knowledge for maintaining WordPress and Shopify websites (a knowledge of hosting is also crucial).
- Passionate approach to your work that includes testing, writing clean code and looking for new and innovative ways to constantly improve.
- Good understanding of SEO techniques is also a bonus!
- Great communication skills.
- Dependability and attention to deadlines and details.
- A team player that can take the lead on projects, working very closely with our team of developers as well as clients from planning to delivery.
- Working in a collaborative, forward-thinking environment where everyone is encouraged to have a voice no matter what their position.
- Easy working times - although a lot of our team work 9-4, apart from answering client emails during office hours we don't mind when you work as long as you get the work done!
- We're a carbon-positive workforce committed to building a sustainable business!
To apply, please click here to complete our application form.